BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) – Economic Development for Central Oregon announces the five finalists of the Early Stage competition for the 19e annual Bend Venture Conference from Thursday 20 October to Friday 21 October. These companies will compete for a minimum investment of $30,000 from Portland Seed Fund.
Nine Early Stage companies took the stage both virtually and in person to present during Thursday night’s Central Oregon PubTalk. Community members and investors gathered to vote for which companies should take the stage for BVC and crowd favorite TapeDeck received a $3,000 cash prize, courtesy of Washington Trust Bank.
“This event brings the excitement of a live pitch and fast-paced competition, thanks to the talented entrepreneurs who have set their sights on Central Oregon and the Bend Venture Conference,” said Angela Jackson, General Manager and General Partner of the Portland Seed Fund. “In addition to our $30,000 cash investment, Portland Seed Fund is working with BVC funds to connect these businesses with local investors and mentorship.”
Jon Stark, CEO of EDCO, added, “Startups are a vital part of the regional economy, and we are excited to provide a platform to inspire, support and build community around entrepreneurship. Congratulations to all finalists for reaching the BVC stage. This year’s business collection has been an inspiring mix of ideas and products that we’re excited to see evolve.
In alphabetical order, the Early Stage finalists who will compete at the BVC are:
- DailyChela.com (Portland, OR) – An OTT app for Latinos that solves the problem of lack of Latino news, opinion and sports on Roku, IOS and Android.
- Instinct (Hillsboro, OR) – Wireless sensor networks that detect wildfires and bring real-time environmental monitoring within the reach of forest and natural resource managers.
- Osheru (Bend, OR) – A device that simplifies upper eyelid surgery to make this vision- and appearance-enhancing procedure accessible to everyone.
- Range Revolution (Madras, OR) – The world’s first leather luggage company using only traceable and regenerative hides.
- TapeDeck (Tigard, OR) – A mobile app that connects people online through conversation.
BVC Growth and Impact finalists will be announced early next month. Tickets for the 19e Bend Venture Annual Conference is on sale now and available here.
About Bend Venture Conference (BVC)
Now in her 19e year, BVC, hosted by EDCO, is one of the largest angel conferences in the country. Over the past five years, over $10 million has been invested in 45 companies as a result of the conference. This year’s conference will take place on October 20-21, 2022, bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders. bendvc.com
About Central Oregon Economic Development (EDCO)
EDCO is a non-profit corporation supported by private and public members and stakeholders, whose mission is to create jobs for the middle class in central Oregon by recruiting new employers to settle in the region ; helping entrepreneurs start scalable new businesses; and working with companies that are already there to grow their business. edcoinfo.com